Now onto how A-1 will handle your device after LIQUID DAMAGE:
- Depending how quickly you get your device to us will determine how we begin.
- Our first step is to analyze the damage from the liquid. We open your device and inspect it for corrosion and any left over moisture. We have had many customers bring in their device directly from a fall in the lake, pool, or sink/toilet and there is still water pouring out of the device.
- If there is still moisture in your device, we immediately put it into our vacuum chamber. A vacuum chamber works by lowering the atmospheric pressure in the chamber and doing so lowers the boiling point with adding a lower heat that will not damage the devie. This allows for the moisture to evaporate.
- Once all moisture has been removed from the device, we break it down to gain access to the board. We carefully inspect the board for any corrosion, shorts, and burned off components.
- If we find any corrosion on the board or any components, we carefully clean them with 99% Alcohol. The alcohol works, by dispersing away any hidden moisture, as well works as a cleaning agent without causing further damage.
- If the corrosion is severe we move onto using an ultrasonic cleaner. The ultrasonic cleaner uses cavitation bubbles induced by high frequency pressure (sound) waves to agitate a liquid. The agitation produces high forces on contaminants adhering to substrates like metals. This action also penetrates blind holes, cracks, and recesses, which the board is full of.
- Once the ultrasonic process is complete, the board goes back into the 99% Alcohol to again disperse the moisture that can be hidden in the board and then back into the vacuum chamber to evaporate any left over moisture.
- From here we reassemble your device and begin testing the device. If everything functions correctly, your device has been recovered from a liquid damage. There are still times at this point that we may see a hardware component fail. We will call you with an estimate to repair any hardware.
- If during the initial inspection stage we see board components shorted, burnt, and/or missing; we will call you with an estimate of the repair of the components.
LIQUID DAMAGE?? We Can Fix That Too!
Did your device get some sort of liquid damage? Here at A-1 we have an extensive process to restore your device back to working conditions after it has been damaged via liquid.
First we would like to go over what you can do to prevent further damage to your device.
- If your device is powered on and you are able to operate it, please turn it off. This is an electronic device and there is electricity flowing through all the components, add liquid to this equation and we now have components shorting out.
- DO NOT try to power on or charge your device. Again we are not wanting to have electricity flowing through liquid soaked components.
- If you are able to open your device and remove the battery, please do so. Some devices still have this option and this will help the chance of fully recovering your device.
- DO NOT put your device in rice, in the microwave, or the oven. There are many myths out there that rice, a microwave, or oven will dry out the device and restore function. This is not the case. If your phone was going to recover, it just needed time to dry out. The microwave and oven can cause further damage to the device. As well rice has no way to enter into your sealed device to wick away moisture. (If you want to test this theory, put a few drops of water on a plate and put some rice on the same plate...the rice did nothing!) Also, if the powder from the rice, does bond with the liquid we now have a new type of corrosion introduced to the device, as the starch binds with the liquid.
- If you have access to a hardware store, check and see if they sell dessicant gel balls (silica gel balls). DO NOT buy the powder form, as this will not help and only cause further damage. These are also the same packets that come in leather goods and medicine bottles.
- Recently, some stores are offering use of a "dry box". These are not as helpful as we would like to think, because there are many hidden areas in the device that the "dry box" will not be able to wick the liquid from. But the "dry box" is better than nothing.
- Take a dry towel and dry off the device to the best of your ability and bring it in to us as quickly as possible. If this occured after hours, please call and leave us a voicemail. Once we receive the message we will call you to have you drop off your device. Remember we are home based and are more than likely around after business hours, and the sooner we get your device the better chances we have at saving it.
Cell Phone Repair Shop, Cell Phone Repair Store, Galaxy, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung, Apple, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPhone, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad mini, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, HTC, LG, Smartphone Repair, Smart phone repair, Tablet Repair, Screen Repair, Cell Phone Screen Repair, Screen Separation, Samsung Repair, iPad, Cellphone screen repair
wholcellparts.org wholecellparts.net a1phonerepairs.org a1phonerepairs.net